We have REVIT:BIM capability and we can develop our design to BIM Level 2.
HB are able to provide linked or attached data to products using current Revit or Naviswork software versions. We will work with the client to determine the most appropriate software, the data that is relevant and the equipment that will be maintained. If linked / attached data is the preference of the client we will ensure that the linked locations of files are maintained when handed over.
We are also able to embed data into Revit families or Navisworks using Data Tools.
HB have extensive experience in working in a collaborative environment using face to face coordination workshops for model review using Navisworks to give a Common Data Environment and Web Conferencing for desktop and model sharing. There are a number of options available for BIM to FM depending on the budget available and the systems that are currently in use by the client. It is also important to consider how the model will be maintained by the client after handover.
The HB BIM Policy ensures that all projects are modelled during the preconstruction phase to ensure they are buildable, maintainable and safe to access.
- Hevacomp – Mechanical Design Calculation
- IES – Thermal Modelling/Solar Shading/Daylight Analysis
- Trimble – Electrical Design Modelling Software
- Dialux/Relax – Lighting Design
- Autocad – All Versions
- Autodesk Revit M&E – All Versions
We believe BIM Level 2 could add value to any project by helping to reduce the capital costs and could have the following advantages.
- Fewer design change.
- Increase the collaborative capabilities to enable quick decision making between the Architect, Engineer and the Contractor.
- Production of high quality construction documents.
- Co-ordination of different services to avoid conflicts.
- Enabling of prefabrication of different components of the construction project to minimise design lifecycle.